Even if to decide which ones are the best beaches is always something relative and based on each one taste.. I will still try to list down here the 4 most beautiful beaches..the one I liked the most around Caraiva
Satu beach and its Lagoon
Once you reach the point of Caraiva, where the river Caraiva meets the Atlantic Ocean, you will straight away figure out that regardless the beauty of this beach it is the most crowded spot of Caraiva, where majority of people will stop sunbathing or simply splashing in the river.. so if you are looking for something less crowded and more impressive follow my steps:
- Cross the river in front of you: based on the time of the day you can either walk through or get a fast swim due to the low tide, or vice versa you can cross by Kayak (you will find many in the river, renting a ride for 5 reals per way). This part of the beach is less crowded and the more you will walk over the more it will become more beautiful.
- Walk up north for about 10 minutes you will soon meet a lovely sea foam from white to beige shade.. specifically created by the waves at this point of the beach mainly around midday with low tide.
- After some splashing into the foam keep walking for about 30 min (more or less 1.2 km) until you will reach Satu beach: after a very hot walk you would like to know that there is a small bar here where to get some cold drinks. Good to stop a little but don’t get too lazy as the best is still to come…
- Keep walking for about 10 more minutes you will finally encounter the Lagoon.. clear and fresh river sea: now yes you can stop for a while and enjoy the moment!
Praia Ponta de Juacema : incredible Lagoon
Still, on the same side of Satu Beach, you will soon after encounter another stunning beach with its even more stunning Lagoon :
- After Satu Lagoon carry on walking by the sea for around 500 meters to get to Praia Ponta de Juacema where your eyes will almost drop tears for the amazing Lagoon’s view: crystal clear water melting once more with the Ocean.. and Mata Atlantica (forest) on the back side… plus this is a further spot and you will definitely get many chances to be all by yourself and maybe a random local fisherman..
Sunrise on the Atlantic Ocean of Caraiva Beach
For the early bird, unless the Forro’ night won’t knock you out.. you can delight of the sunrise view, but you got to choose the right spot, and in this case, is the Beach of Caraiva, on the back side of the village.
Once you are on the junction between the river and the sea turn right and in few meters you will be on the beach..now find your right spot and sit down waiting for the sun to rise up. Sun goes up around 05.15…. quite early !
Early morning at River Caraiva
Although this part of the village can be very crowded and somehow overwhelming, you can always get the most out of it simply choosing the right moment of the day..
.. early morning: soon after the sunrise move yourself to the river side and yo will find nobody but you and the river meeting the Ocean… Ochre sand shining with the first sun spell.. maybe few sweet dogs.. Really worth it a try!